I’m going to go ahead and say it before we even go any further.
Not only are they super sweet, soft in the best cookie kind of way with exactly the right amount of chocolate chip, but they’re great to make if you need a big batch for a party, to share around at work, or simply if you like making a batch to last a week or two in your cookie jar.
I found this recipe when searching for the best and easiest cookie recipe around. As soon as I saw that there was one on the Betty Crocker website, I just knew it was going to be super delicious. And I wasn’t wrong.
I N G R E D I E N T S
160ml melted coconut oil
120g brown sugar
120g granulated sugar
375g plain flour
120ml almond milk (or other dairy-free milk alternative)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp sea salt
1 bag (100g) dark chocolate chips
M E T H O D
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the coconut oil, brown sugar and granulated sugar and stir until well mixed.
- Next stir in both the almond milk and the vanilla.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the wet mixture and stir until a dough forms – it should be nice and thick.
- Add the chocolate chips to the dough and make sure they’re evenly spread throughout the mixture.
- Onto your baking tray, which doesn’t need to be greased due to the coconut oil – but if you prefer use baking paper, place rounded tablespoons of the mixture about 2 inches apart. For reference, on my baking tray I managed to make 5 cookies on each tray.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes until they’re starting to go golden brown at the edges and the top is completely baked.
- Take out and let cool for 1 minute before placing them onto a cooling rack.
- As they’re cookies, they’re cooled enough to eat after about 10 minutes. Trust me, this is the best time to eat them, whilst the chocolate chips are still all gooey.
- To keep them fresh, make sure they’re in a airtight container and eat within two weeks.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, it’s definitely one of my go-to’s now!